Photo Courtesy of Verizon Wireless
Verizon announced that the DROID Turbo will be arriving in stores and online beginning October 30. With a few color selections and storage capacities, the DROID Turbo will be available for purchase either with a new two-year agreement or on the Verizon Edge program. Early adopters will also get some extra perks with their new device:
- Get $100 or more when you trade in your old smartphone and purchase a DROID Turbo by Motorola with new two-year activation. The Trade-in must be in good working condition.
- From launch until the end of this year, upgrade and activation fees are being waived for customers who purchase the DROID Turbo. Waived activation and upgrade fees will be credited to the customer’s bill, and may take up to two billing cycles to process.
- Verizon Edge pricing is also available for DROID Turbo, and from launch through the end of the year, Verizon has a special early upgrade to Edge for anyone who upgraded prior to July 1, 2014 and wants to purchase the smartphone.
- DROID Turbo customers who experience a damaged screen during their two-year contract can replace it once for free. Customers who purchase through Verizon Edge will also eligible.
- Upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop
With a 5.2-inch Quad HD display and a 48-hour battery life, the DROID Turbo
seems like a good device for everyday use with power to spare. If the long battery-life is not good enough, it also comes with a turbo-charging feature. This means when you’re low on battery, a 15-minute charge can get you up to 8 hours of use. DROID Turbo comes with the Motorola turbo power charger in the box at no additional cost. And for added convenience, the new DROID is wireless charging capable.
The DROID Turbo will come with a 21-megapixel camera and 4K video capture. To help you stay on top of the picture-perfect moments, the DRIOD Turbo comes with Quick Capture. Quick Capture feature lets you twist your wrist twice to launch the camera without the need to press any button or unlock any screens.
For color and pricing, the 32GB model will be available in Metallic Black, Metallic Red, and Black Ballistic Nylon for $199.99 with new two-year activation or $25 per month on Verizon Edge. The 64GB Black Ballistic Nylon model will also be available for $249.99 with new two-year activation or $27 per month on Verizon Edge.
If you are an Android fan, or just looking for a the next DROID, stop by your local Verizon store or shop online to check out the new DROID Turbo. Let us know if you purchased this new device.